[Libreoffice] problem with SAL_NO_MOUSEGRAPS during drag and drop

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:30:53 PDT 2011

Hello,

I had some troubles while I was debugging some calc update problems. We have
the environment variable SAL_NO_MOUSEGRAPS that should prevent libreoffice
from grapping the mouse and it is used in several places, for example:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/gtk/window/gtkframe.cxx#2163
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/generic/app/saldisp.cxx#2209

But we miss it in some places that in my opinion would need this check too
but I don't understand the code well enough to add this check. I would be
happy if someone who is more familiar with the code could have a look at it:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/generic/dtrans/X11_selection.cxx#3317
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/generic/dtrans/X11_selection.cxx#3340

If there is no one who has enough time to fix this it would be nice if you
could give me some hints what I need to change there to prevent LibreOffice
from grapping the mouse during drag and drop.

Regards,
Markus