[Libreoffice] problem with SAL_NO_MOUSEGRAPS during drag and drop

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jun 28 03:57:20 PDT 2011

On Sunday 26 of June 2011, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had some troubles while I was debugging some calc update problems. We
> have the environment variable SAL_NO_MOUSEGRAPS that should prevent

 The word is actually grab, not grap.

> But we miss it in some places that in my opinion would need this check too
> but I don't understand the code well enough to add this check. I would be
> happy if someone who is more familiar with the code could have a look at
> it:
>
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/generic/dtrans/X11_se
>lection.cxx#3317
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/unx/generic/dtrans/X11_se
>lection.cxx#3340
>
> If there is no one who has enough time to fix this it would be nice if you
> could give me some hints what I need to change there to prevent LibreOffice
> from grapping the mouse during drag and drop.

 I think you can add it to any XGrabPointer you want, it is after all the
purpose of the variable. In the DND case you'll just need to alter the
nPointerGrabSuccess code to continue even when the grab is avoided, and it's
also a question if DND can work at all without grabbing the mouse - you'll
need to try and find out.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz