[Libreoffice] external LinLibertineG not available

Németh László nemeth at numbertext.org
Sun Jun 26 11:58:11 PDT 2011

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind words in the name of Linux
Libertine/Biolinum and Graphite developers, too. There are some quite
exciting developments from these area. Eg. improved and extended font
family of Linux Libertine: new bold variant (the old one is renamed to
semi-bold); Linux Libertine Display, a size variant for greater point
sizes, see http://www.linuxlibertine.org/uploads/media/2011-05-PR-V5.0.0_02.pdf,
also the upcoming Graphite 2 integration for better performance. I
will convert the new Linux Libertine and Biolinum fonts to Graphite
now with combining diacritics (a basic need of several languages and
scientific/linguistic usage), and with some extra functions, too.
There are also a lot of other tasks to improve LibreOffice DTP, and we
have a big loss, Keith Stribley (see
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-memoriam-keith-stribley.html).
I hope, we will be able to continue his work to develop a professional
layout engine for LibreOffice with excellent (and default)
typographical facilities.

Best regards,
László