[Libreoffice] minutes of tech steering call ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:09:44 PDT 2011

Hi Michael, *,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 07:19 -0700, plino wrote:
>> That may be true for other OSes but not for Windows. Once LO gets to 3.5.x
>> that will (hopefully) be a correct statement.
>
>        Oh - well - since master is going to turn into 3.5, if that is not
> parallel installing, then we have a problem - is it the case that the
> 3.5 (master) snapshots - whatever we call them version-wise [ what do we
> do there ? ] do not parallel install on windows still ?

The problem with parallel-installability on windows did only apply to
the release version, not to the LO-Dev variant.

But of course if the bots that are providing builds are using the
release configuration, including --enable-release-build configure
switch, the build won't create LO-Dev packages.

So I'm not sure whether your point is that LO 3.5.0 shall be installed
next to LO 3.4.x on Windows instead of updating, or whether your point
was only about the daily builds (where LO-Dev builds should be
provided)

ciao
Christian