[Libreoffice] version to use for dailies/nightlies bug reports

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Jun 29 01:42:38 PDT 2011

Caolán McNamara píše v Út 28. 06. 2011 v 14:01 +0100:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 11:33 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> > Could we not have a "nightly" tag ? Or if we do that, are
> > we going to have tag overkill like we did with OOo ?
>
> Sounds like a good thing to have a different version than the catch-all
> "unspecified", not sure who's got the power to add versions into the
> list ? Petr ?
>
> As per the other thread, new dailies should have build-ids in their
> about dialog which are useful from a dev perspective to identify what
> happens between a good daily and a bad daily, but those change
> per-commit of course so best pasted into the body of a daily bug report
> as free-form text.

One solutions would be to add something like this to the tinderbox
scripts:

    pull_date=`date`

    ./ pull -r

    ./autogen
[...]
    --with-build-version="Daily built at $pull_date"

Another solution would be to define a default value in the configure.in,
e.g.

    now=`date`
    BUILD_VER_STRING="Built at $now"

Someone mentioned that it would be better to mention the last commit id.
It is not easy with the many repositories. I would wait with this
approach for the single repo.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Petr