[Libreoffice] Problem with socket timeout and regular freezing when using UNO and NOA

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 03:17:37 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 14:37 +0100, Stuart Ledwich (Hotmail) wrote:
> Thank you for the swift response. I think it sounds like good idea to
> debug libre office to find out exactly where its failing. Do you know
> if there is any blogs/wiki/documentation to help me get started with
> that .Thanks

This is windows, so not my primary platform, but IIRC "attach to
process" in one of the MSVisual Studio menus will do the right thing,
just looks for soffice in the list.

If it is crashing on the server side you may have to build your own
LibreOffice from source and rebuild the lib in which it crashes with
debugging symbols, e.g.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build#Partial_debug_build
to get something more useful out of it.

C.