[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #5

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:48:50 PDT 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:29:10 +0200, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> first off - wonderful progress! :)

Hi Thorsten,
thanks, your appreciation rewards me of the time I spent on
this project. :)

> Marco wrote:
>> Now, only targeted master page are exported.
>>
> Nice - since people tend to store whole picture galleries there,
> this goes a long way avoiding bloat. I like your attention to
> detail.

Yep, I completely agree on avoiding bloat.

skip

>> A slide index based on slide thumbnails has been implemented.
>> At present I tested it on Firefox 4.x and Chrome 12.x
>> To toggle between presentation mode and slide index mode you have to
>> press down the "i" key.
>>
> This is just *lovely* !
>
>> You can increase/decrease the number of thumbnails per index page
>> by pressing down the "+" and the "-" key. You can reset the number
>> of displayed thumbnail per index page by pressing down the "0" key.
>>
> So is this! :)

I'm happy to hear that!
I performed some test on more browsers, there was some issues with
IE9 and Safary, but I should have solved them.
Increasing and decreasing the thumbnail grid size looks a bit heavy
on Firefox I'll try to optimize it. Then I want to polish the code.

> Looking at the patches in detail, I've committed
> 0001-svg-export-filter-added-support-for-browsing-filters.patch to
> master, but am still holding off for the rest.
> 0002-Add-support-for-exporting-any-subset-of-slid-filters.patch
> needs some cleanup, and I'd like to keep the default of exporting
> all slides for the while (with the slide sorter selection code as an
> extra patch maybe).
> 0003-Adding-support-for-exporting-meta-informatio-filters.patch
> changes indentation from 0002-*, that should be consolidated (but
> see above). 0004-Some-small-improvement-and-bug-fix-filters.patch is
> good, but needs removal of those todo/#if 0 code - best split that
> into multiple patches, too. Finally, I'd have taken
> 0005-Implemented-a-slide-index.-Supported-browser-filters.patch
> as-is, but it depends on the previous patches.

Ok I'll remove the #if 0. I keep them because I find that the code inside
them could be useful at a later moment, or simply because it includes
some initial implementation as for the left slide pane thumbnail selection,
or the custom background per slide feature.

> One thing to note for 0003-* - if there's any js code from JessyInk,
> we'd need to retain their copyright notice (GPLv3+). Apart from
> that, it would be good to add copyright headers to the js anyway (if
> it's from you entirely, LGPLv3+/MPL is perfect, otherwise it's
> LGPLv3 currently).

The source code is from me or JessyInk so I'll add a GPLv3+ copyright
header.

I published a log book of the last week here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pIrnHkqcUu9xUbI7qblTofx1P-A4gP6J-4D2oEvphE/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPmx59wF

Cheers,
    Marco