[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #5

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jun 29 16:29:10 PDT 2011

Hi Marco,

first off - wonderful progress! :)

Marco wrote:
> Now, only targeted master page are exported.

Nice - since people tend to store whole picture galleries there,
this goes a long way avoiding bloat. I like your attention to
detail.

> Implemented a partial support for exporting a custom background per
> each slide. Anyway at present there are several drawbacks; above all:
> for tiled bitmap an image element is exported for each tile, this is
> really too expensive! These issues are not so simple to fix and I
> and Thorsten agree to leave them to a later moment.

Yep.

> A slide index based on slide thumbnails has been implemented.
> At present I tested it on Firefox 4.x and Chrome 12.x
> To toggle between presentation mode and slide index mode you have to
> press down the "i" key.

This is just *lovely* !

> You can increase/decrease the number of thumbnails per index page
> by pressing down the "+" and the "-" key. You can reset the number
> of displayed thumbnail per index page by pressing down the "0" key.

So is this! :)

Looking at the patches in detail, I've committed
0001-svg-export-filter-added-support-for-browsing-filters.patch to
master, but am still holding off for the rest.
0002-Add-support-for-exporting-any-subset-of-slid-filters.patch
needs some cleanup, and I'd like to keep the default of exporting
all slides for the while (with the slide sorter selection code as an
extra patch maybe).
0003-Adding-support-for-exporting-meta-informatio-filters.patch
changes indentation from 0002-*, that should be consolidated (but
see above). 0004-Some-small-improvement-and-bug-fix-filters.patch is
good, but needs removal of those todo/#if 0 code - best split that
into multiple patches, too. Finally, I'd have taken
0005-Implemented-a-slide-index.-Supported-browser-filters.patch
as-is, but it depends on the previous patches.

One thing to note for 0003-* - if there's any js code from JessyInk,
we'd need to retain their copyright notice (GPLv3+). Apart from
that, it would be good to add copyright headers to the js anyway (if
it's from you entirely, LGPLv3+/MPL is perfect, otherwise it's
LGPLv3 currently).

Cheers,

-- Thorsten