[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Report #5. Wizards

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jun 30 12:25:20 PDT 2011

Hi Xisco,

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 18:28 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
> Correct me if i'm wrong but as i've seen in the fax wizard,each kind
> of template has its own template so I believe it's the same for the
> letter templates and every localize has a different template, right ?

	Um ;-) in theory yes, but in reality no - having a duplicated ODF file
for each and every translation (duplicating all the XML, all embedded
images etc. etc.) bloated our install sets to some huge size for no good
reason :-)

>  In that case, the templates are the ones that should be changed,
> right ?

	Weelll - so you're both right; but really we need to grub about inside
the templates themselves to add some improved translation scheme I
think; now we have fast native XSLTs - I guess we could use the native
XSLT filters to allow the templates to be self-standing, and yet adapt
to the locale nicely.

	But - your task is primarily the Java -> python conversion I guess :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.