[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Report #5. Wizards

Xisco Faulí anistenis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:28:52 PDT 2011

2011/6/29 Cedric Bosdonnat <cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr>

> Hi Xisco,
>
> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 01:23 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay but I had a visit last weekend and I wasn't able
> > to work on it until yesterday night.
> > What I've done during the week:
> > - Improve the boot speed
> > - Clean a bit the code
> > - Show a message when a file is going to be overwritten
> > - Load the previous configuration
>
> Where is your work available ATM? Could you please start merging it with
> master to get a build with all GSoc projects for midterms?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/components/?h=feature/gsoc2011_wizards

The idea behind that isn't to have something 100% complete and working,
> but to show to the world what you've already done and get feedback.
>
> > Now i'm working on saving the configuration after the wizard is
> > finnished. I think it'll be done tomorrow.
>
> Cool, then it would be nice to have it in master!

Ok, i'll merge it next week.

> > Furthermore, I've already started to work on the letter wizard. Let's
> > see If I can already commit something by the end of the week.
>
> I would be awesome if you could improve that wizard to get something
> based on localised templates... Letters aren't formatted in the same way
> across the world and that wasn't taken into account by the old wizard.

Correct me if i'm wrong but as i've seen in the fax wizard,each kind of
template has its own template so I believe it's the same for the letter
templates and every localize has a different template, right ? In that case,
the templates are the ones that should be changed, right ?

Greetings