[Libreoffice] Macro maded with Macrosoft Office

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Wed Mar 2 13:56:13 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 16:53 +0100, Seb wrote:
> Hello !
> Every time when a new version of OpenOffice and now LibreOffice has been
> released, i tryed to open with Calc, a file with a Macro maded with
> Microsoft Office Excel. And every time the macro can be open but it don't
> work...
> I try to change the of Macro security Options, but no result.
> My question is: Do the Macro made with Microsoft Office Excel, is
> compatible with LibreOffice Calc ?

No they aren't compatible.  We do have limited support for Excel VBA,
though.  But its coverage is not 100%, and probably never will be.

Macros are largely bound to the internal component model of the
application, and because Excel and Calc do have different component
models their macros are also structured differently.

HTH,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc