[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] fdo#31251 - Improve default page layout

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien at orniz.org
Thu Mar 3 05:16:48 PST 2011

Le Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:59:19 +0000,
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> a écrit :

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 23:42 +0100, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:
> > Here is a complete patch for fdo#31251. It adds a smooth shadow to
> > the page.
>
> 	Wow - it is really pretty indeed :-) I just pushed it. Nice
> work ! can you confirm is it LGPLv3+/MPL ?

Yes it is licensed under LGPLv3+/MPL. I forgot to specify this all
times :)

> 	Incidentally, it would be lovely to have the post-it notes,
> not only to have a border, but to have curved corners at the bottom,
> but not the top, so they really look like sticky notes. ie. take a
> sticky note an stick it flat on your desk, and you see the effect
> [ both bottom corners curl slightly ] ;-) possibly that will require
> some (manual?) re-coloring action of the bitmaps, which might be
> slightly painful, though I guess it is just a matter of keeping a
> constant AlphaMask bitmap around, and merging it into a BitmapEx with
> a Bitmap (of the same size obviously) 'Erase'd with the correct color
> for the note.

Notes are my next target, but I'd feel more comfortable if people could
give ideas on various UI things so I can see if I can patch it... I'm
not a UI expert (and I'm colorblind so that's really not my primary
area) but I like graphical programming since that the more visible. As
I said you earlier, I really think some design guys should provide
mockups to implement, maybe we should have a place appart from the
bugzilla to allow people to report UI/UX improvments. UI is a very
important thing now that LO as strong bases, we shouldn't neglect it.

> > During its development, I found that SwRect::_Intersection (used in
> > page margin painting) returns negative height/width if the two
> > rectangles do not overlap. I don't know if it is the expected
> > behavior or a bug. If it's a bug I guess I can provide a patch.
>
> 	Ho hum - probably a difficult one to audit for, to check
> every location to ensure they are not depending on this. Possibly it
> makes the impl. faster too (?).

Yes we talked about this with Cédric Bosdonnat and agreed that there
might some piece of code relying on that behavior...

Sébastien