[Libreoffice] [patch] (draft) remove Andale Sans UI from the LO default font lists

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:18:58 PDT 2011

Hi Samphan,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Samphan Raruenrom <samphan at osdev.co.th> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Christian Lohmaier
> <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Samphan Raruenrom <samphan at osdev.co.th>
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > Since Andale Sans UI is only available for PC that have installed
>> > StarOffice
>> > 7 (or newer), I suggest we remove the font from LO default font fallback
>> > lists because not many people will have the font installed anyway.
>>
>> You forgot the discussion from February already?
>
> Sorry. My English is not very good so I may not understand your message
> fully.

You proposed to remove Andale Sans UI already at the beginning of
February, and back then it was explained why this is not a good
idea/why this is not necessary.
And back then it was also explained that of course bugfixes and
extensions of the list for locales that aren't covered properly yet
are of course welcome. You just must not make changes carelessly, as
chaning the list might have impact on the display of existing
documents.

(I did consider your post now as bad style. It is like you would ask
your father whether you can take a cookie now. Your father says "no",
thus you ask your mother the same question, hoping that she will
answer differently.)

ciao
Christian