[Libreoffice] GNU cp dependency

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Mar 20 00:27:34 PDT 2011

Hey Bjoern,

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:05:07AM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 06:09:10 +0100
> Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, all my builds of the last few month were run without it.
>
> That is luck and you dont want to count on that. Anyone using a
> variable GNUCOPY in the old build system has every right to expect it
> to contain a GNU cp.

It was not luck, there was some conditional code to use either GNU or
straight cp. It may have been a hack though.

> > Neat. Is there a timeframe for that ?
> As soon as you have migrated all modules to the new system. ;D

Okay. Maybe sometime in 2021 then :p

> > I'm runnning DragonFly and the behavior has clearly changed. Should I
> > remove/change the test in configure.in ?
>
> You could set GNUCOPY to empty (on BSD as on OSX) if there isnt one
> available. Likely you will get breakers now on BSD from that and issues
> might pop up again now and then as long as the old build system is around

I have bigger build issues to tackle for now. Since the new code has fixed
the gnu cp location issue, I have simply added a --with-gnu-cp knob in my
autoconf.sh line.

> Honestly, I think the time spend on working around the awkwardness of
> the old build system is better spend on migrating to the new build
> system though.

I completely agree.

--
Francois Tigeot