[Libreoffice] Deliver and build tree size

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Mar 21 06:32:23 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just enabled striping on link for gbuild on Linux unless you
explicitly requested symbols, by setting SYMBOL/SYMBOLS or DEBUG:

 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=1ed2342c1e33c28ad048205c4a708fe7b39bfb17

If you can test on other platforms (OSX/BSD) feel free to add the code
for those platforms too.

Also I added an option to hardlink from SOLVER into WORKDIR. To enable
this you currently have to set gb_Deliver_HARDLINK manually. We could
do that per default in configure/set_soenv on non-Windows platforms,
but this would imply OUTDIR, WORKDIR and SRCDIR to be on the same
filesystem.

 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=681c3fad7240cca5c04dd71117a8d22a3a830704

Opinions about this?

Al these measures reduce the size of the build tree, making the stuff
a bit more newcomer friendly. Yet another option would be to symlink
from OUTDIR, I have not yet investigated if this breaks scp2 (which
might do a recursive copy retaining symlinks, or stuff like that).

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen