[Libreoffice] Deliver and build tree size

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:19:38 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Also I added an option to hardlink from SOLVER into WORKDIR. To enable
> this you currently have to set gb_Deliver_HARDLINK manually. We could
> do that per default in configure/set_soenv on non-Windows platforms,
> but this would imply OUTDIR, WORKDIR and SRCDIR to be on the same
> filesystem.
>
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=681c3fad7240cca5c04dd71117a8d22a3a830704
>
> Opinions about this?

Well, I think that the 'OUTDIR,WORKDIR and SRCDIR on the same
filesystem' requirement kill one of the most interesting feature of
this separation.
So if this is added to configure , make sure that one can turn that
off in autogen, even for platform that support hard-link.

Norbert