[Libreoffice] l10n based on PO files

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Mar 24 13:38:15 PDT 2011

Petr Mladek píše v St 23. 03. 2011 v 18:46 +0100:
> Andras Timar píše v St 09. 03. 2011 v 00:01 +0100:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a module called 'translations'. It is at
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~timar/translations/ now. If you clone
> > this and link translations directory to master directory structure,
> > then it is buildable. It converts Hungarian PO files to SDF particles
> > which are needed by the build. translate-toolkit is a build
> > requirement.
>
> Andras, you rock! Thanks a lot for all the work and committing the two
> test languages into the new main repo
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/translations/
>
> > I wish, if I could finish this work by the feature freeze of 3.4 and
> > we can use this new l10n infrastructure. Please help.
>
> I am going to look at it. The plan is to get rid of the "l10n" repo and
> use the new "translations" repo exclusively. My steps will be:
>
>   + download "translations" instead of "l10n" repo
>   + allow to build internal translate toolkit (libs-extern repo)
>   + set the new  L10N_MODULE in solenv/inc/settings.mk
>   + modify build.lst in "all" module to depend on
>     TRANSLATIONS:translations instead of L10N:l10n
>   + fix potential build probles

If it goes well, I will push it tomorrow morning. The test build is
still running and looks promising.

BTW: I see two type of errors when building the translations module:

--- cut ---
No module named lxml
--- cut ---

Do you see it as well? Could it cause any problems?

--- cut ---
couldn't find key main0203.xhp#par_id3147756.2.help from po in 252 keys
#: main0203.xhp#par_id3147756.2.help.text
contains functions for formatting and positioning selected bitmap
graphics.</ahelp>"
obsahuje funkce pro formátování a umístění vybraných bitmapových
obrázků.</ahelp>"

I guess that it is caused by outdated cs.po files that are not in sync
with the en_US.po files that are freshly extracted during build.

Or is it a bug in the .po files extraction from source or import from
Pootle?

See the attached full log for more details.

Best Regards,
Petr