[Libreoffice] GSOC 2011 - Android project

Maxime Côté cote.maxime1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:13:43 PDT 2011

Hi all,

My name is Maxime Côté, I'm a student from Québec. I'm interested in
participating in the GSOC this year with LibreOffice. To be more precise
I'm interested in porting it to Android as I already have good knowledge of
Java, C++ and a basic knowledge of Android, but I really want to learn more
about it and the same goes for LibreOffice.

Now what I would like to know is, could JNI (Java Native Interface) be use
to interface with the core library or you see something else, what exactly
will need to be ported. Also I would like to know where do I start in
LibreOffice's code, where could I begin hacking to help me understand the
code that will need porting.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Maxime