[Libreoffice] Problem with build environment: Gtk-linkage error

Albert Thuswaldner albert.thuswaldner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 12:11:33 PDT 2011

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 20:34, Kayo Hamid <kayo.hamid at gekkolinux.com.br> wrote:
> Hey
>
>> I'm on a vanilla Opensuse 11.4. I have the required dependencies
>
> me too, with KDE4
>
>> installed gtk, gtk-devel and so on. I have also the
>> libreoffice-bootstrap package installed but I don't use it directly
>> (should I?)
>
> sorry but that is not clear to me, you did zypper si -d
> OpenOffice_org-bootstrap? (or zypper si -d LibreOffice-boostrap if have on
> your repo, in my case I just use OpenOffice_org-bootstrap)

No I just installed the rpm libreoffice-bootstrap package

with the following description:
"libreoffice-bootstrap - LibreOffice Build Bootstrap

This packages provides the basic tools and framework for building
LibreOffice using separate source packages."

I did not install the source package as you wrote, instead I followed
the instructions here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build

I.e. downloaded the bootstrap environment via git:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap

and pulled down the rest of the source, then compiled.

/Albert