[Libreoffice] Strange filesystems-related enum in libs-gui/tools

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Tue May 3 01:06:24 PDT 2011

> And this would also be stupid: only the WIN32 subsystem

Which is the subsystem LibreOffice runs in, so what is your point?

> is case-insensitive
> by default on Windows NT systems. And it can be set to be case-sensitive
> by toggling a single registry value.

Surely you are not suggesting we should potentially break existing functionality for the majority of Windows users, just to cater for a handful of people who intentionally break their systems just because they can?

I mean, if we have code in there that assumes NTFS (and SMB) volumes are case insensitive (at least when accessed from Windows), we should definitely keep it that way, even if somebody might have toggled a registry value to change it. If somebody does that, they deserve what they get.

--tml