[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011] Some technical question

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Tue May 3 11:10:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm happy to be on board and spending the GSoC time-frame working
with you. As I said I'll start hacking on May, 23, however in the
bound period I want to get more in confidence with the tools
required for LibreOffice development, so some questions follow.

Where should I put the source code I'll write down ?
Should I create a development branch as described on the Easy Hack page ?
Shall I choose the branch name by myself (e.g. gsoc2011/svgfilter)
or there is already an ad-hoc branch ?
To submit the code, should I send a mail with an attached patch ?
(saying weekly), or you'll provide me an account to push my branch on
the remote repository directly.

When I add new header/source files, do I have to modify any build
configuration file ? Btw how does the LibreOffice build system work ?

How can I find out the header file targeted by an include directive ?
I can see that sometime the same header file is in more than one place.
For instance given the include directive:

#include <xmloff/xmlexp.hxx>

I can find:

/libo/xmloff/inc/xmloff/xmlexp.hxx
/libo/clone/filters/binfilter/inc/bf_xmloff/xmlexp.hxx
/libo/solver/300/unxlngx6.pro/inc/xmloff/xmlexp.hxx

Is there a configuration file per module/sub-project where are listed
the include directories passed to the compiler ?

Kind Regards,
Marco