[Libreoffice] First build has stalled...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 02:21:24 PDT 2011

Hi *,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Same issue had happened to me. I would like an explanation as to why cloning
> is so slow. Just to clone all the repos it took me about 18 hrs at about 20
> to 25 kbps

It's not only cloning, but also pulling.

Explanation is simple: freedesktop.org servers have either load or
bandwidth problems (i.e. problems lies in capacity of the hardware) or
are misconfigured (hardware could perform better, but software makes
the trouble).
But I guess you don't consider this as "explanation" - but just
stating the obvious :-)

I too would like to know where the problem lies.

Initially the bandwith wasn't great to begin with either (around
300kb/s when I did the first clone), but at least when pulling this
didn't matter too much. Also it seems that not only git, but also
bugzilla is a little slower to respond.

ciao
Christian