[Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-3.3.99.4 tag created (3.4.0-beta4)

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Thu May 5 08:17:54 PDT 2011

> The advantage is that if you would tag Beta5 for release TODAY it would
> already include the switch that prevents is from overwriting the stable
> build since that has already been committed.

If you mean the --enable-release-build switch, that has been introduced to the master branch only.

Please note that we have never tested in practice full-scale what effect it has on our build. What if it has some unintended unexpected consequence, that didn't show up in OOo's "OOo-Dev' builds? For instance due to our multi-lingual installer mechanism. Then we would need to fix that, and probably yet another beta.

Also, I assume the plan is that beta4 will be ready by weekend. If we would cherry-pick the change that introduced that switch to the 3-4 branch now, the beta4 build would have to be restarted, and as it takes more or less a day especially for Windows, and the working hours are already over today, we would not have time to get a build before the weekend.

--tml