[Libreoffice] [Patch] Unify Display Grid/ Grid Visible and other menu items

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri May 6 06:41:17 PDT 2011

Christian Dywan schrieb:
> Am 06.05.2011 15:29:16 schrieb Regina Henschel:
>> Hi Christian,
>> I'm not sure about the changes.
>> 'Snap Lines' is a better term than 'Guides'. The German term
>> 'Fanglinien' describes it functionality, so does 'Snap Lines'.
>> 'Guide' is not specific. It can be 'Snap Line' but also 'Helpline'.
>>     kind regards
>>     Regina
>
> Attached an updated patch, I missed the main menu item Guides/ Snap Lines before.
>
> The patch doesn't change any wording, strictly speaking, but it unifies
the labels. The existence of conflicting terms hurts usability.

> I don't have a strong opinion on "Guide" versus "Snap Line", both make
sense to me, except it feels a bit redundant to talk about snapping to
snap lines.

If there is an agreement, that the 'Snap Lines' should be named
'Guides', then 'Guides' should only be used for those snapping lines. So
then the icon with current display text 'Guides When Moving' should be
'Helplines When Moving' to distinguish it from snapping lines.

Kind regards
Regina