[Libreoffice] [Patch] Unify Display Grid/ Grid Visible and other menu items

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Fri May 6 06:36:01 PDT 2011

Am 06.05.2011 15:29:16 schrieb Regina Henschel:
> Hi Christian,
> I'm not sure about the changes.
> 'Snap Lines' is a better term than 'Guides'. The German term
> 'Fanglinien' describes it functionality, so does 'Snap Lines'.
> 'Guide' is not specific. It can be 'Snap Line' but also 'Helpline'.
>    kind regards
>    Regina

Attached an updated patch, I missed the main menu item Guides/ Snap Lines before.

The patch doesn't change any wording, strictly speaking, but it unifies the labels. The existence of conflicting terms hurts usability.

I don't have a strong opinion on "Guide" versus "Snap Line", both make sense to me, except it feels a bit redundant to talk about snapping to snap lines.