[Libreoffice] fatal IO error in running beta3 - to be ignored or investigated?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Fri May 6 07:36:40 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote (06-05-11 10:27)
> On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 10:02 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Running beta3 from the command line, after some time the output shows
>
> 	Ooh :-) great question.
>
>> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
>>         on X server "0�	"
>>         after 60 requests (56 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
>
> 	So - that is odd; I would expect the app to exit at this point and try
> to save documents.

Nothing special that I notice with the app.

> 	In a nutshell it looks like your X server died at that point (but that
> is presumably nonsense ?).

Hmmm, afther the output, the command line is freed and I can use other
commands.
Running the same command to start beta3 again, activates the already
running process of LibreOffice.

>> It this something I should just ignore, or that deserves further
>> investigating.
>
> 	Further investigation is important; is there a bug # ? does it exit
> after printing that (I would expect it), can you:
>
> 	export SAL_SYNCHRONIZE=1
> 	gdb --args ./soffice.bin # and any args you like
> 	b _exit
> 	b exit
> 	run
>
> 	and when it fails - do:
>
> 	thread apply all backtrace
>
> 	and attach that to the bug ? :-) hopefully that'll get us closer to
> understanding what is going on.

Thanks. Something I should be able to handle ;-)

Running with gdb however, does not lead to the output this problem is about.

What I do see, all the time, is lines such as

   [Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2076) exited]
   [New Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2200)]
   [Thread 0xae49fb70 (LWP 2077) exited]
   [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2078) exited]
   [New Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2201)]
   [Thread 0xb2e09b70 (LWP 2200) exited]
   [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2201) exited]
   [New Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2277)]
   [Thread 0xabbadb70 (LWP 2277) exited]

Hmm, that's all.

(And I got two freezes with other actions, that strange enough did not
give problems when running without gdb).

Anything I can do more for this?

Best,

Cor

--