[Libreoffice] fatal IO error in running beta3 - to be ignored or investigated?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri May 6 01:27:13 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 10:02 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Running beta3 from the command line, after some time the output shows

	Ooh :-) great question.

> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
>        on X server "0�	"
>        after 60 requests (56 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

	So - that is odd; I would expect the app to exit at this point and try
to save documents.

	In a nutshell it looks like your X server died at that point (but that
is presumably nonsense ?).

> It this something I should just ignore, or that deserves further
> investigating.

	Further investigation is important; is there a bug # ? does it exit
after printing that (I would expect it), can you:

	export SAL_SYNCHRONIZE=1
	gdb --args ./soffice.bin # and any args you like
	b _exit
	b exit
	run

	and when it fails - do:

	thread apply all backtrace

	and attach that to the bug ? :-) hopefully that'll get us closer to
understanding what is going on.

	Thanks,

		Michael.