[Libreoffice] [Patch] Unify Display Grid/ Grid Visible and other menu items

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Fri May 6 08:13:33 PDT 2011

Am 06.05.2011 17:00:43 schrieb Regina Henschel:
> I do not like 'Guides' but prefer 'Snap Lines'.
> There is also a dialog "New Snap Object" and dialogs "Edit Snap Line"
> and "Edit Snap Point" and menu item "Insert Snap Line/Point".
> "Insert Guide Point" or "Edit Guide Point" sounds not good to me.
> This remembers me to the discussion "Fanglinen" vs "Führungslinien" in
> German some time ago.

You have convinced me and I went as far as fixing documentation to talk about helplines, so "helplines" is in fact unambiguously the term for the lines while moving, while the other "guides" are "snap lines" everywhere unless I missed any. This is indeed clearer.

And it turns out I found a few inconsistent spellings that I fixed as a side effect.

Visible Grid → Display Grid
Guides → Snap Lines
Display Guides → Display Snap Lines
Snap to Guides → Snap to Snap Lines
Guides when moving → Helplines While Moving
Guides while moving → Helplines While Moving
Numbering/Bullets → Bullets and Numbering...
Case/Characters → Change Case

ciao,
    Christian