[Libreoffice] First build resumed but failed on incomplete dependancies

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at bell.net
Fri May 6 13:08:41 PDT 2011

Thanks Christian, *:
On 2011-05-06, at 12:05 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Peter, *,
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:
>> [...]
>> OK my version of ccache is 3.1.4
>
> And are you sure that this is also used when building?
> Please show configure's output regarding the ccache check.
>
> And also make sure to run configure/autogen.sh from a clean shell,
> without having the environment variables from a previous compile set
> (i.e. from a shell were you didn't source the MacOSX*Env.Set.sh file)
<snip>
> This really looks like the ccache bug wrt. --ccache-skip handling,
> where it would strip the wrong arguments.
>
> when use of ccache-skip is enabled, the following:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/tree/solenv/inc/unxmacx.mk#n103
> # -x options generally ignored by ccache, tell it that it can cache
> # the result nevertheless
> CCACHE_SKIP:=$(eq,$(USE_CCACHE),YES --ccache-skip $(NULL))
> OBJCXXFLAGS:=$(CCACHE_SKIP) -x $(CCACHE_SKIP) objective-c++ -fobjc-exceptions

I completely understand this (I looked at the web page)

> will result in "--ccache-skip -x --ccache-skip objective-c++
> -fobjc-exceptions" to be added to the compile flags.
> Your snippet (single-process build would be easier to tell what line
> belongs to what execution) shows that apparently
> "-x --ccache-skip objective-c++ -fobjc-exceptions" ends up being
> passed to the compiler.
>
> And this clearly is wrong, the real compiler should be called with "-x
> objective-c++ -fobjc-exceptions"
>
> I still think something is wrong with your ccache-setup.  Please post
> what the variable CXX and CC are set to in the MacOSX*Env.Set.sh
> file/what compiler command is actually used.
Last login: Fri May  6 15:52:58 on ttys000
Gandalf:~ pteeson$ cd git/libo
Gandalf:libo pteeson$ source ./MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh
Gandalf:libo pteeson$ env
CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0
CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0

> How did you setup ccache? Using symlinks or by passing environment variables?
>
> ciao
> Christian

Installed ccache from the downloaded tar.bz2 file which was unpacked into a folder labelled ccache-3.1.4.
From the Terminal I did
./configure
make
make install

NOTE: From log of last ./autogen.sh which I just ran (without --enable-cache-skip)echo.
NOTE: I get these same lines whether or not --enable-cache-skip is passed to autogen.
NOTE: Perhaps this is the nub of the problem?

checking whether we are allowed and able to use --ccache-skip... probing...
checking for ccache... /usr/local/bin/ccache
checking whether version of ccache is suitable... no
configure: ccache version 3.1.4 not accepted. See description for --enable-ccache-skip

What next?

Peter