[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Discussion of Using Xcode and SDK >= 10.6

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon May 9 00:43:45 PDT 2011

> What discussions have there been of the idea of using Xcode,

You mean, as in building all (?) of LibreOffice in the Xcode IDE (or some other IDE), in such a way that the IDE actually would have parsed the source code etc and thus know about the classes and members, be able to provide "hints" as whatever Xcode calls its rough IntelliSense equivalent when editing, etc? No discussion by people actually known what they do and preparing to do something for it. Not going to happen. Feel free to prove me wrong, though;)

> SDK 10.6 up and the LLVM compiler?

That is presumably much easier. Isn't it in fact *harder* to have to look for the old SDK that we currently require to build against on MacOSX?

--tml