[Libreoffice] Debugging crash in 3.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.6 - [SOLVED}

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at bell.net
Mon May 9 12:14:59 PDT 2011

OK guys:
On 2011-05-09, at 11:59 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 11:25 -0400, Peter Teeson wrote:
>> It was indeed!!
> 	:-)
>> Removing that font made everything work correctly!
> 	Sure - but LibreOffice should never crash; so we still have to fix the problem.

I agree 100% with "never crash." We should at least trap the exception.

>> All of this done without having to go through the torture of gdb on
>> the command line <grin>
> 	And to fix the problem; we need that gdb work done.

I'm going to need hand holding for that.

> The good news is -
> that you can do it on the same system you built on now I guess.
> And/or better - you could send the font to Thorsten who may be able to
> help (post the 3.4 fixing).

Here is the problem font

I am willing to try using gdb from the command line.
But after reading the Development/How to debug I am no wiser.

At this point I need step by step Terminal instructions.
As a starter so far this is what I have done following previous advice:

(0)	A successful regular 3.3.2 build
(1) 	As advised by Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com>
	cd git/libo
	source MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh
	cd sc
	make -sr clean		#build told me to use make -sr
	make -sr debug=true

Do I still need to do this?
(2)   $ cd git/libo
	# then do as advised by Michael
	$ source MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh
	$ cd vcl
	$ rm -Rf *.pro # the output directory [unxmacxi - editor]
	$ build debug=true

Anyway what is vcl?

(3) Now what?

As a comment in passing is there a block diagram of the overall architecture?
e.g. the 19 repos mentioned in the dev doc. I can grock pictures better than text.
I find the learning curve for the folklore pretty steep. <smile>.

respect....

Peter