[Libreoffice] [GSoC] report

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue May 10 07:06:23 PDT 2011

Hi Matus,

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 14:32 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I've tried to move res/commandimagelist to /cmd and create symlinks
> commandimagelist to ../cmd but it is not working.

	:-)

> After small change in packimages/pack/makefile.mk:56
..
> because first find now lists just the symlink file,

	Good catch, glad you're finding your way around that.

> is now possible to make packimages and old icons are used in Libreoffice.
> But I don't know yet why is it so and why there are not newer icons.
> The answer probably lies in packimages.pl script.

	Indeed - I suggest we move much more of the work into that perl script;
I can help out there on IRC if you get stuck; perl is icky, but not
-too- awful :-)

> But maybe it doesn't make sense to make it working temporarily with
> symlinks if it's not easy and rather change scripts to use cmd/.

	Sounds sensible. I'd focus on merging the existing other two random
perl scripts (and perhaps that 'find') into packimages.pl itself, when I
need to write perl, I tend to steal examples from the build/ repo in
build/bin.

	HTH,

		Michael.