[Libreoffice] ExcelToSc / ExcelToSc8

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri May 13 13:43:30 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 22:38 +0200, Chr. Rossmanith wrote:
> Quick answer  :-) Thank you!
> >> at the moment I'm having a look at ExcelToSc and ExcelToSc8 and have the
> >> feeling that there is some amount of duplicate code...
> >>
> >> During comparison of methods ExcRelToScRel and ExcRelToScRel8 I've
> >> wondered if it shouldn't be nRow instead of nC in the initialisation of
> >> bRowRel:
> > No, that code is correct.  In the Excel binary format, both column and
> > row flags are stored in the (unused) higher bits of the column index
> > bytes.
> >
> And it changed with versions?

That's possible.  BIFF5 and BIFF8 handle many things differently.  I'm
just talking about BIFF8 here.  I don't even know if we can still find a
spec on BIFF5.  But then, that format is so old we don't really pay that
much attention.

But if something as basic as that (cell address) is wrong, I would think
that we would have received lots of bugs reports regarding Excel import
filter bugs.  So I assume that's correct.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>