[Libreoffice] How to get cell vertical orientation property?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue May 17 04:37:39 PDT 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 16:14 +0600, Alexander O. Anisimov wrote:
> I need to work with cells in text tables using UNO API from Java.

	Riight :-) so - you get to use the UNO API - fun ...

>         XCell xCell = xCellRange.getCellByPosition(j, i);
>         XPropertySet cellSet =
>         UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, xCell);
>         int v = (short) cellSet.getPropertyValue("VertOrient");

	One of the best ways to work out how the UNO API really works - is to
read the underling C++ implementation. After a bit of doing this - you
also begin to realise that you wanted to write your extension as
something built into the core, in C++ as well ;-)

> In default text table, value of VertOrient property is 0, which equal
> to VertOrientation.NONE. But in fact, when I open LibreOffice Writer,
> all cells in table have top vertical alignment.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/writer/tree/sw/source/core/unocore/unoprnms.cxx#n373

or

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/writer/tree/sw/source/core/unocore/unotbl.cxx#n3931

	or thereabouts - I guess (?).