[Libreoffice] LibreOffice 3.4 Release Notes

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri May 20 06:51:51 PDT 2011

Hah,

	Ignore my previous slightly sharp mail wrt. testing - I had forgotten
you're doing all this great marketing research & work :-)

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 09:07 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> The object of this exercise is to see if we could have the release
> notes, on the website page, released all at the same time for as many
> language groups as possible. The release is planned for the end of May
> or early days of June. We have about 10-11 days left.

	Sounds great to me. As of some weeks ago, there are no features going
into the product, only bug fixes - so we should be clear for a long run
to get it nailed down and translated.

> * get images of different new features or fixes done in different
> language. We should have the same protocols for image captures. Could
> someone point me to these if they have ever been discussed or could we
> have someone chime in and help out?

	Ooh - difficult (and big) :-) The screenshots last time turned out to
be quite emotive: with people anxious about consistent platform, theme,
and so on - which added a real bottleneck to the screen-shotting
process.

> * get the translation of the release website page done before the
> release of the new version. We need to coordinate this with the dev
> group. I am not sure who gives the final say on when the new release if
> put on the downloads website pages. Are you the person who OK's this?

	So - final up-loads and tweaking of the download page / javascript
(etc.) are done by Thorsten, or Christian I guess, I'd ask them.

	HTH,

		Michael.