[Libreoffice] LibreOffice 3.4 Release Notes

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri May 27 07:57:55 PDT 2011

Le 2011-05-20 09:51, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hah,
>
> 	Ignore my previous slightly sharp mail wrt. testing - I had forgotten
> you're doing all this great marketing research&  work :-)
>
> On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 09:07 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
>> The object of this exercise is to see if we could have the release
>> notes, on the website page, released all at the same time for as many
>> language groups as possible. The release is planned for the end of May
>> or early days of June. We have about 10-11 days left.
>
> 	Sounds great to me. As of some weeks ago, there are no features going
> into the product, only bug fixes - so we should be clear for a long run
> to get it nailed down and translated.
>
>> * get images of different new features or fixes done in different
>> language. We should have the same protocols for image captures. Could
>> someone point me to these if they have ever been discussed or could we
>> have someone chime in and help out?
>
> 	Ooh - difficult (and big) :-) The screenshots last time turned out to
> be quite emotive: with people anxious about consistent platform, theme,
> and so on - which added a real bottleneck to the screen-shotting
> process.
>
>> * get the translation of the release website page done before the
>> release of the new version. We need to coordinate this with the dev
>> group. I am not sure who gives the final say on when the new release if
>> put on the downloads website pages. Are you the person who OK's this?
>
> 	So - final up-loads and tweaking of the download page / javascript
> (etc.) are done by Thorsten, or Christian I guess, I'd ask them.
>
> 	HTH,
>
> 		Michael.

It's time that we get on with creating the page on the main site. So
unless anyone is going to offer to create/design the page, I'll take
care of it. I have not had a lot of practice at Silverstripe, so you
will have to be patient with me.

We have worked on the screenshot protocols which have now been put on
the website wiki pages[1] (thanks to Klaus! and all other for their
comments). BTW ... .png's will be the format to use. We will have to
point this out to the translation teams for when they take their
screenshots.

* I will follow the same format as on the "New Features and Fixes" web
pages[2]. If I understand it correctly, we are to have a 3.4 webpage and
a 3.3.2 webpage (essentially what we have now on the "New Features and
Fixes webpage). These pages will be used by website visitors to compare
the features between both versions of LibreOffice. We are not comparing
to MSO nor OOo. So, IMO, both pages should have the same page format so
that our visitors feel comfortable moving from one page to the other.

Any comments before I jump in? Any comments?

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website#Contribution_and_Support
[2] http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/