[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Fix crash from forms.OGridControlModel unoapitests

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon May 23 07:16:14 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 14:56 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2011 06:39:52 -0600
> "Tor Lillqvist" <tlillqvist at novell.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, the policy, at least as some of us (me included) have
> > understood it, was that the development branch gets merged into
> > master regularly, so no need to commit fixes to both. But yeah, it
> > does now seem safer to commit to both the development branch and
> > master, to avoid exactly this kind of situation.
>
> Always commit to master, cherrypick to release, to be precise. Usually
> you would need to have reviews for release anyway, so pushing to master
> spares you the patch generation, as you can just post a link.

Note that the this review process started with the RC phase, and during
the Beta phase review was not required.  Plus, patch generation is super
easy since all it takes is git format-patch -1 & send it off as an
attachment.  Of course YMMV, but pushing to master, going to the cgit
page and copy-n-pasting the link is not necessarily easier.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>