[Libreoffice] Removing DLLPOSTFIX

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon May 23 23:18:37 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:22:28AM -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > If removing the suffix is too much work for 3.5,
>
> Nah, why would it be that much work? If it is agreed that those shared libraries that use those suffixes are ones that binary extensions don't link to anyway, let's just do it.

Fine. Most of the code using DLLPOSTFIX in dmakefiles is quite simple and a
quick sed invocation should be enough to get rid of it.

The new gbuild code should not be too difficult to clean either.

The only real difficulties I see will be with these files in
bootstrap/solenv/inc:

_tg_shl.mk
tg_shl.mk
tg_wntx64.mk

with rules such as

  SHL$(TNR)VERSIONOBJDEP:=$(VERSIONOBJ:d){$(subst,$(DLLPOSTFIX),_dflt $(SHL$(TNR)TARGET))}$(VERSIONOBJ:f:s/.o/.obj/)

What do these do exactly ? I guess I can't just rip out the lines containing
DLLPOSTFIX from the above files and expect a build to still work ...

--
Francois Tigeot