[Libreoffice] Platform-specific DLL suffix usefulness

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon May 23 10:22:28 PDT 2011

> The empty one is from unxiosr.mk and I suspect the platform doesn't build

Indeed not, unxiosr is the just started extremely unfinished partial port to iOS ;) Far from ready, if it ever will be. Shared libraries / dynamic modules can't even be used for non-system code on iOS so no "DLL suffix" is needed. (Yeah, how UNO would / will work if everything is statically linked remains to be tinkered/experimented with.)

> If removing the suffix is too much work for 3.5,

Nah, why would it be that much work? If it is agreed that those shared libraries that use those suffixes are ones that binary extensions don't link to anyway, let's just do it.

--tml