[Libreoffice] Word doesn't see symbols

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri May 27 04:09:55 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 03:18 -0700, plino wrote:
> I'm not a dev (and this mailing list is for devs only).
>
> But your problem isn't related to doc compatibility (or any format, for that
> matter).

Well, the actual image shown is a .wmf preview of the object. So its not
certain that actually embedded opensymbol into the .doc will actually
add it to the list of fonts that word uses to render wmfs. Anyway, there
is some complicated magic available to attempt to convert the OpenSymbol
glyphs to wingdings equivalents which is typically enabled when
exporting to .doc.

That may have come unstack on the changes to the opensymbol font in 3.3,
or may not be connected up for the embedded .wmf in a .doc case.

A good bug report and debugging required.

C.