[Libreoffice] Platform-specific DLL suffix usefulness

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Sun May 29 23:32:48 PDT 2011

If it is not about those, I dont object, although I do not see to much
> use in it (I would have waited for the 4 API and changed all names --
> including the API ones -- then).

I mostly agree with Björn here. In my opinion the reason to drop DLLPOSTFIX would be to make the makefiles clearer. Not so much to make the library names more "readable". So if we keep DLLPOSTFIX, just unify its value on all platforms, that doesn't really affect the complexity of the makefiles at all. We just lose one  non-conditional simple assignment line from each platform-specific .mk file.

(Not that the use of $(DLLPOSTFIX) is a major uglifying factor in the makefiles; but any simplification helps.)

--tml