[Libreoffice] Platform-specific DLL suffix usefulness

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon May 30 00:40:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:32:48AM -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> So if we keep DLLPOSTFIX, just unify its value on all platforms, that doesn't really affect the complexity of the makefiles at all. We just lose one  non-conditional simple assignment line from each platform-specific .mk file.
>
> (Not that the use of $(DLLPOSTFIX) is a major uglifying factor in the makefiles; but any simplification helps.)

This is what I wanted to do as a first step, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Let me restate the plan so far:

1. Unify DLLPOSTFIX values. Set it in one common .mk if possible

  This can be done now

2. Remove DLLPOSTFIX usage in the build system

  This can be done bit by bit
  There is no fundamental reason to keep it for 4.0 but it can well be left
  as-is until then.

--
Francois Tigeot