[Libreoffice] Mozilla options situation

Tomáš Chvátal scarabeus at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 2 12:07:45 PDT 2011

Hello fellow devs,

Current situation with mozilla switches is slightly confusing after
last nss/nspr decoupling. It contains two switches
--enable-build-mozilla and --with-system-mozilla.

This we (rene and me) find really confusing as the switches go against
each other at the configure.in in funny ways. Instead of just bashing
it again to some reason we thought about solving this issue for good
by identifying all needs for the mozilla and providing the switches.

There are 3 cases for mozilla:
 - headers
 - mozab
 - nsplugin
These should provide the independent switches:
--with-npapi-system-headers (controled also by with-system-headers):
 this can pull the headers currently at np_sdk from system wether from
mozilla OR https://github.com/mgorny/npapi-sdk/

--enable-mozab (disabled by default):
  this should build the adressbook integration (gosh who sane in mind
would use that anyway (does it work with system mozilla anyway?)

--enable-nsplugin (enabled by default, requires the mozilla):
  this enables the ff plugin, takes the with-system-mozilla into effect
  this gets really funny due to all the mutations mozilla can have

This is just situation assesment and we have no patch ready for this.
So anyone wanting pretty cookies from your distro packagers please
help us with writting some nice patch that does this.
Maybe we should even start a branch as this is quite huge change...

Cheers

Tom