[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] whacky parallel-install instructions ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 7 07:03:48 PST 2011

Hi Cor,

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 14:01 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Thanks for looking at this.
> Not too much time ATM, so just two short notes:

	:-)

> I have about 20+ versions - time to delete some, but then still, I have
> many versions in parallel. Just to be able to check in various versions
> of 3.3.x of 3.4.x of my own build, of daily builds..
> Besides, I some 8 older OOo versions.

	Heh - so, I'd be inclined to recommend installing the packages, and
then moving the results away to somewhere else - that may turn out to be
rather more reliable [but will break system integration no doubt].

> Never have had any problems before. Use this for years on my Linux laptop.
> AFAIAA, the probs only occur with the daily builds. I installed 3.4.4rc1
> in the same way recently without probs.

	Clearly something changed ;-) but working out what it is is not so easy
of course, and would require lots of work. Of course, if you could pin
down an exact time-range in which it broke: then we would have a subset
of commits to read - but all of that belongs in a big report ideally.

	HTH,

		Michael.