[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] whacky parallel-install instructions ...

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Nov 7 07:17:38 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote (07-11-11 16:03)

>> I have about 20+ versions - time to delete some, but then still, I have
>> many versions in parallel. Just to be able to check in various versions
>> of 3.3.x of 3.4.x of my own build, of daily builds..
>> Besides, I some 8 older OOo versions.
>
> 	Heh - so, I'd be inclined to recommend installing the packages, and
> then moving the results away to somewhere else - that may turn out to be
> rather more reliable [but will break system integration no doubt].

Isn't that what happens if I:
  - unpack the tar for the installation,
    ( plus the tar for the Dutch langpack,
      and move all the langpack debs to the DEB folder of the install)
  - go to the folder DEB,
    create folder TMPRT there and in that one run
    for i in ./*.deb ; do dpkg-deb -x i$ . ; done
  - and move the whole resulting opt folder to some other place
  - then finaly change bootstraprc for a different userprofile location

(Indeed no system integration.)

>> Never have had any problems before. Use this for years on my Linux laptop.
>> AFAIAA, the probs only occur with the daily builds. I installed 3.4.4rc1
>> in the same way recently without probs.
>
> 	Clearly something changed ;-) but working out what it is is not so easy
> of course, and would require lots of work. Of course, if you could pin
> down an exact time-range in which it broke: then we would have a subset
> of commits to read - but all of that belongs in a big report ideally.

I will look what is the latest daily build (that I can find) without the
problem. Will report later...

Cheers

--
  - Cor