[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] whacky parallel-install instructions ...

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Nov 7 14:48:35 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

Michael Stahl wrote (07-11-11 18:05)

> 1. there used to be a user-install script which could install the RPMs
> as created in instsetoo_native not in the system, but in some path given
> as parameter (even on Debian), and patch it to use a user installation
> also in that directory; have used that a lot until last year or so...

Ah, sounds interesting. A script to achieve the same that I do manually
now, basically.

> 2. it is possible to build a tarball installation set that can be
> unpacked anywhere and also uses its own user installation; no system
> integration of course.
> configure --with-package-format=archive
>
> of course i have no idea what our tinderboxes do currently, but perhaps
> you find this useful...

The first would make this tiny part of my life easier.
But, as you may have seen somewhere in the thread, there indeed seems
smthng special/different with what comes from the thinderboxes.

Regards,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org