[Libreoffice] Extension dependencies

Christophe Strobbe christophe.strobbe at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Nov 15 08:33:11 PST 2011

Hi Stephan,

At 17:18 15-11-2011, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>On 11/15/2011 04:53 PM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>(...)
>>OK. I have put a warning about "sudo apt-get install
>>libreoffice-java-common" on the extension's download page.
>>The error caused by the missing dependency was fairly serious; it caused
>>my Ubuntu-inside-VirtualBox installation to completely freeze in some
>>cases.
>
>So it froze up when it displayed that inscrutable
>"(com.sun.star.deployment.DeploymentException) ..." dialog?

Actually, the first times I tried to install the extension, I got an
empty error dialog (I assumed it was an error dialog), and the system froze.
More recently, I tried a more recent version of the extension, and
this time I got the error dialog with the puzzling
DeploymentException. I opened a command line and did "ps -ax" and
killed one of the processes (I can't remember which one). However,
this only worked because I had not wasted time copying the text in a
text editor - which is what I did the first time. Apparently, it was
important to kill the process that spawned the error dialog before it
froze up the complete OS.

This all happened in LibreOffice 3.3.4 [OOO330m19 (Build:401)] on
Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) inside VirtualBox.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe