[Libreoffice] Extension dependencies

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 23:57:55 PST 2011

On 11/15/2011 05:33 PM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> Actually, the first times I tried to install the extension, I got an
> empty error dialog (I assumed it was an error dialog), and the system
> froze.
> More recently, I tried a more recent version of the extension, and this
> time I got the error dialog with the puzzling DeploymentException. I
> opened a command line and did "ps -ax" and killed one of the processes
> (I can't remember which one). However, this only worked because I had
> not wasted time copying the text in a text editor - which is what I did
> the first time. Apparently, it was important to kill the process that
> spawned the error dialog before it froze up the complete OS.
>
> This all happened in LibreOffice 3.3.4 [OOO330m19 (Build:401)] on Ubuntu
> 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) inside VirtualBox.

Cannot reproduce this with current master-towards-3.5 build on Fedora 15
x86_64:  Built the active.oxt from desktop/test/deployment/active (that
contains a Java component that needs active Java registration during
extension deployment) and removed ure/share/java/ridl.jar from the LO
installation set.  Both "soffice active.oxt" and "unopkg gui active.oxt"
display an error dialog but do not freeze.

Stephan