[Libreoffice] uno discoverability

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 11:09:56 PST 2011

On 15/11/11 18:17, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Kevin Hunter wrote:
>> One of the things that I find extremely frustrating is the lack of
>> discoverability from within the Python context.
>>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> beyond the pure python functionality, that would indeed benefit from
> some insightful help texts, there's introspection for UNO.

but AFAIK currently the extensive API documentation that is in the IDL
files is only available on the web; it ought to be possible to store
that in the rdb files somehow and then have some thingy in UNO that
allows programmatic access, so things like help in python can extract
it?  hmm... maybe there's an easy-hack somewhere in there...