[Libreoffice] uno discoverability

Laurent Godard lgodard.libre at laposte.net
Wed Nov 16 01:10:04 PST 2011

Hi all

Thanks to Thorsten pointing the old (2004) pyUno

I revived it recently and made it workable again, removing some
unnecessary things but it is in
my plans to make it cleaner as a lot of things is outdated (eg. old OOo
links to idl reference - need to be updated). I hope to find time in a
near future

btw, here is the version i'm actally using

the basic use to instrospect an object at runtime is rather simple

inside a pyUNo script :

from pyXray import XrayBox
XrayBox(self.ctx, theUnoObject)

self.ctx, is the context

Feel free to include it in LibreOffice sources if you find it usefull,
provided the licence is ok (otherwise, i may ask my old employer,
but there should be no problem, just let me know)

I really hope that it will be usefull for someone (as an introspection
tool or sample of pyUno script). Let me know and feel free to ask if any
question

HTH

Laurent